Thursday, May 27, 2010

Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?


I think worrying comes natural to a new parent. It has definitely been a daily struggle for me not to worry, and a challenging spiritual exercise to continually throw my worries about my precious, new little man at God's feet. He's so dependent on me. He cannot eat, change himself, raise his head, travel anywhere without my help. It's hard not to worry about doing the right thing. There are so many decisions. Every day is a new adventure, and I adamantly want to do the right thing. But I don't want to be a worrier. Studying the Scriptures I don't think it's ever what God wants for us so how not to worry.
Daily, no that's not right, hourly surrender.
It has been and continues to be my favorite word. Surrender. So incredibly vital to a healthy walk with Jesus. And so vitally important as I venture forward, boldly, in my first year as a mom.
Lord, help me. ;-)

1 comment:

Terri said...

Also remember that Eli doesn't know if your doing it right or not! Enjoy this time with him, it will pass too quickly.
Terri