Saturday, March 7, 2009

C.A.T.S.


So lately I have been trying to break into print, submitting my novel to agents and writing magazine articles for publication.

I wrote an article last night about the C.A.T.S. prayer. Have you ever heard of such a thing? When I was first learning how to pray in elementary school at good ole' Valley Bible, I learned an acrostic for prayer that goes like this:

C.onfession
A.doration
T.hanksgiving
S.upplication

I have to admit that I still use this prayer guideline at times. I think that it follows a beautiful sequence, confessing your sins before God, praising God for his greatness, thanking him for what he has given me, and then humbly asking for what I need.

It is easy to at times focus on the S part of the prayer, but it is a good reminder that prayer is not only about answered requests, it is also about growing and refining a relationship between yourself and the Creator of the World.

A prayer for today:

Dear Lord,
I am sorry that at times I come to you to ask first and foremost without first revering you for the great things you have done and the greatness of who you are. Forgive me for limiting you at times.
I love you. I praise you for the sky, the trees, for creating humankind. This world is an amazing place, and I pray that I never stop marveling at the wonder that is found there.
I thank you are praise you for all the blessings that you have laid in my lap, all the beautiful things that I don't deserve. For my husband, my family, my lovely condo, Fabio Gaston, eyes to see, and lips to praise you.
I ask for clarity in the days ahead. I pray for wisdom with how Joe and I should spend our time during the days ahead. There are so many decisions before us, and I pray that you would direct our way and make every decision perfectly clear because we want to bring you glory through what we do.
I praise you, thank you, love you, and need yo
In your powerful, holy name.
Amen




No comments: