Thursday, June 18, 2009

Kings




Joe and I stumbled upon a show called Kings. Joe thought it looked interesting so we watched it without knowing much of anything about it. We were amazed at the number of Biblical allegories present in the show! They kept turning up. If you ever watch it, see how many you can find.
I thought it quite intriguing and couldn't help thinking who thought to write the show. Was it a group of Christians or people that liked Bible stories? I don't know, but it is amazing how much of a person's world view, opinions, agenda get thrown into his show or book or art for that matter. Creative expression in these forms, and others, are an extension of a person's soul, sharing a piece of how he is and what he's about to the World.

"I write to you, fathers, because you have known him who is from the beginning. I write to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one. I writeto you, dear children, because you have known the Father." I John 2:13


3 comments:

TanyaLea said...

Interesting! I enjoy movies like this myself. I find it intriguing when they have biblical references planted throughout...like another quiet and underlying story within the story. Will have to check it out! :)

God bless!
~Tanya

Peter P said...

As per usual, they created a great show and then canceled it part way into the series.

Why do they have to do that?

Kings was GREAT!

It was written as a modern day take on the David/King Saul story

ShutterSpeed said...

Wow! Really? I would have thought that it was overly dramatic and too bloody just to look at the cover, but my mind has been distinctly, with much speed, changed!