Saturday, October 24, 2009

Journal on my Pregnancy Journey so Far ;-)







The last few weeks of August I noticed being very tired. I would get an uncontrollable urge to take a nap or engage in a relaxing activity throughout the day. This was odd since none of my activities had changed.

August 31st: I started working at Stoneybrooke. The exhaustion continued, but it made more sense now. I found that when I came home from work I was not at all motivated to do things that involved mental exertion. My brain was very tired. I also found that I was waking up several times in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. Upon awakening I would find that I was starving and would have a snack usually about 3 AM. I was craving yogurt. When I woke up in the morning my stomach would hurt a lot. It felt like I had a lot of excess acid in my system. I would try to eat, which would cause more pain. Once I was able to get food into my system, I did better.

I decided Thursday evening when Joe left for an appointment that I was going to do a pregnancy test, feeling that it would help me stop worrying about the symptoms I was having. I did the test and immediately 2 lines appeared. I rushed into the kitchen to set the timer since I was supposed to read the test after three minutes. I couldn’t stay away. I crept back into the bathroom and looked at the strip two lines, which for this test meant pregnant. I couldn’t believe it.

Instead of contriving a romantic, exciting way to tell my husband I called him that minute. I couldn’t stand waiting for an hour and a half for him to get home. He sounded overwhelmed and supportive.

That night we looked up baby names and decided on Bella Eve if it is a girl, “beautiful life.” The next day I bought some ginger to help my aching belly and rented two pregnancy books from the library.


September 15th

This weekend we went down to my parents so that we could see them. We ended up going through all my old stuffed animals and watching some old family videos. All I kept thinking about was our kids, and how much they are going to love our stuffed animals. ;-) When we were driving home Joe said he was so excited to be a dad. It did my heart good. He said that I was a cute kid and he can’t wait to have cute kids of his own to spend time with and explore life with. ;-) What a blessing he is. I am starting to feel like people might be able to tell that my tummy is big. That makes me nervous, and I hope it’s not the case.

9/28 I was working with a little boy named Ethan in our class. He is usually kind of out of it and enjoys staring into space. On this particular occasion he leaned closer to me, rested his hand on my belly, looked me in the eyes, and said “There’s a baby in there.” He’s quite the prophet. ;-)


10/1 That same little boy thought it would be a good idea to throw up during snack and then twice during lunch the next day. I was very close to losing my food as well all three times. Oops! I blame it on the pregnancy.

10/8: We went to my first ob/gyn appt today. It was incredible to see the ultrasound. You could see the baby moving around. He was turning and swimming. We saw his arms, legs, umbilical cord, body, and really big head. The doctor said he or she was beautiful. She also commented that there was only one, which we were happy about, especially because we hadn’t considered there being more than one. ;-) She did a lot of other exams on me and I filled out paperwork, and then we left. The next day I got blood work.

10/9: We told Joe’s parents tonight. They had already invited us over to dinner so we decided to tell them that evening. They were thrilled and kept smiling and looking at us. It was a happy night! ;-)

10/11

We drove down to my parents house even though it was incredibly difficult to convince them that we needed to be down there since they were sick and busy. ;-) They were so excited and since Joe had to tell them we had a surprise so they’d let us come down, they had already guessed. My sister had bought me a bib. ;-)

10/22

We had another doctor’s appt to go over my blood work. They said that all the blood work was normal and that everything. We got to hear the baby’s heartbeat, and it was strong and lovely! ;-) We scheduled our appt in 1 month to find out the baby’s gender!!!!


2 comments:

TanyaLea said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)

Praying that God blesses you with a healthy and enjoyable pregnancy!

Blessings and Hugs,
~ Tanya

ShutterSpeed said...

Oh Hayley I am so happy for you!! I wish the very most luck (horrible grammer =D)!!!!! Thanks for writing down your "pregnacy journal" for me to see!!
~Renee
P.S. Yes, quite a cute prophet.e