Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Our moving adventure


I don't know why writing in my blog has bec0me so difficult. Maybe it's because a steady routine exists in my days now. I spend 7 hours working hard with lovely children, get home, get the mail, answer email, make dinner, eat dinner, and then spend the evening with my lovely husband and/or other friends and family.
I know that ample time allows for artistic expression, and I feel that since my time is more divided now and when it's not I'm too tired to type a word, it's harder to write.

The good news is that lately I've discovered a time to write! I have 5-10 minutes every day after my day at work where I don't want to leave school because of the horrendous traffic and for the most part I have finished everything I had to do during the day.
The perfect writing opportunity...

Anyway, things have been happening very quickly this week for my husband and I. We have had our condo up for rent for the last 3 months, and we finally got a bite!! We found out Sunday evening that someone wanted to rent out our condo and wanted to move in that Saturday so we are rapidly trying to complete all the arrangements necessary to find a home and transport our lives there. So far, we have continued to work full time during the day and continued to sleep. Hopefully, that will continue. ;-)
We will be moving out to the Cleveland National Forest, renting a one bedroom cabin with a large porch. There are trees on every side, a creek behind the cabin, and an extensive network of hiking trails. I hope it will be the perfect spot to raise our precious baby, at least for the first few months of his/her life. The only bummer is that we desired a two bedroom since it was almost the same price, but because of the short notice, we weren't so lucky. We are the first on the waiting list however so cross your fingers that we will be able to move into a bigger place before the baby comes. ;-)
Well my lovely time of writing has come to an end. I need to jet home and pack up everything we own into little brown boxes to be loaded on a moving truck tomorrow afternoon. Wish us luck. ;-)

1 comment:

ShutterSpeed said...

That is so exciting about your move! I'm glad the Lord worked that out.
By the way, I saw your book on Amazon!! Now, I know you self-published with them. How much did to cost? Do you get some of the money if somebody buys your book on Amazon?