Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Taking deep breaths

Have you ever experienced those moments where you can't help but take a deep breath... not because you're stressed, not because you're worried, but because you want to remember. Want to remember the place you are and the feelings that surround you...forever.

I've been blessed to have countless deep breath moments this past year, this past month, this past week. God has richly blessed me, and I feel like there's nothing I can do but praise him.

I praise God for my loving, supportive, encouraging husband.
I praise him for a healthy, strong baby boy growing at a steady rate inside of me.
I praise the Lord for our new home in a place where I have daily reminders of his beautiful creation.
I bless the Lord for providing for us every day that we've been married and on our own. I marvel at his care for our every need.
I thank him for loving friends and family.
I praise him for blessing both my husband and I with wonderful jobs, jobs that we both enjoy.

There is so many things that could go wrong, every day. If you're not careful it is easy for worry and anxiety and despair to overrun your life. I have been focusing this year on taking deep breaths, savoring my life, and learning to push worry aside, continuing to learn to daily cast my fears on God's shoulders because only he is big enough to hold them all.

Praise the Lord!




2 comments:

ShutterSpeed said...

Thats wonderful! So your going to have a boy? What kind of name ideas?

ShutterSpeed said...

I am so excited for you!! What is baby and book progress lately?