Wednesday, January 14, 2009

With arms wide open

“Daily Cast all your anxieties on the Lord for he cares for you.”


I spread out my hands to you dear Lord, spreading out my fingers so that everything that at one time I was clinging to with tenacious ferociousness are now sliding through my fingers, slipping out of my control. My dreams, my possessions, my limitations, my future. It is all yours, and I am not supposed to hold it. I see myself with arms to my side, legs spread apart, my face looking up towards the Heavens.
Lord, your mercies are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness!
I have so many plans. So many things that are so difficult for me to drop on the floor in front of your throne, but I will and I am going to start today.
I feel the tension ebbing. I feel the stress fading. It is too much for me to hold it. It is too heavy, too overbearing, too much of a responsibility.
I am looking up at you, waiting. My heart is calm. My breath is even.
I am confident that whatever storms blow through my life. You are there. Whatever emotions tear at my heart and leave my mind in confusion. You are there. With open, waiting, patient arms. Ready to take me to the place and the people that you have planned and purposed me to reach.
For your glory I sing. For your glory I lift my face to you. For your glory I worship you and you alone!

No comments: