Friday, May 1, 2009

"Marriage is what brings us together today" -Princess Bride


I didn't write the poem below, but I liked it. I was thinking what I should write, and I kept thinking about how thankful I was that God had created this thing called marriage. Joe and I visited a newly married friend couple today, and it reminded me afresh just how amazing marriage is. He could have designed the intricate workings of society a hundred different ways, but he decided to pattern it after a family. This world is built on families, millions of them. Families joined, for the most part, by the institution of marriage.
Marriage: to join two lives, to learn to give, to sacrifice, and to seek God for your future-together.


God created marriage,for he knew we'd need a friend.

To share our hopes and dreams with, and love us 'till the end.

God created marriage, to teach us how to share.

All our earthly assets, and make us more aware;

That someone else's feelings, are more important than our own.

And not one of us is perfect, so we can't cast a stone.

God created marriage,to teach us to forgive.

His life was our example, He showed us how to give.

God created marriage, to teach us how to say.

"I love you" to another person, each and every day.
(Amen to that ;-).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding us of what God's plan was. I am a youth pastor and I am preparing a talk on true biblical, christ centered marriage, is. This has helped and encouraged me so much. Thank you for letting God speak through you. You've just gotten your self a reader...