Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Story of Fabio Gaston

Joe and I have a kitty. His name is Fabio Gaston. Some may think this is a strange name to choose for a cat. If you haven't heard the reasons behind this strange name choice, read on... ;-)

When Joe and I were dating, he proudly told me that while on a month long Mexico missions trip he had picked the name of his first son. I was thrilled until he told me what it was- Fabio Gaston.

He chose Fabio from the name of the male model who regularly poses on the front cover of trashy romance novels and also made his debut on "I can't believe it's not butter." Gaston for the prideful character from Beauty of the Beast.

Joe claimed that he couldn't think of a more manly name for his son. A hunky male model/town hero who eats three dozen eggs each morning.
Even though I wanted to marry Joe from the get-go, I brushed aside these comments as jokes, until they continued even after we had said, "I do."
He was still determined for our helpless newborn to bear this name with its many implications.

So I did what any helpless wife would do, I begged Joe to let us get a cat, and then I convinced him that the best thing we could do for his future was name him the heroic, strong name of Fabio Gaston.

Problem solved.

Now this sweet kitty is a heroic, egg eating, model, but our first son's reputation is still intact.

In the meantime, we continue to seek out good alternatives to our first son's name. We still can't find a name that we both like. Let us know if you have any suggestions. ;-)




One thing we did get right, Fabio Gaston LOVES to eat. ;-)

1 comment:

ShutterSpeed said...

AMAZING!! You were so helpless, and now you have a cute cat bareing a funny name! I'm sure you're forever indepted to him.