Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Me...a turtle

My husband and I received 2 free nights up in San Diego. It was a great trip even though it flew by. We went to a seminar hosted by Pam Farrel. Bill Farrel was our pastor awhile back and now they are internationally renowned authors and speakers, pretty awesome. We ate a free continental breakfast, hiked at Hollins Lake for a few hours, explored Balboa park and 2 free museums, toured a big mall and ate dinner, relaxed at home, went in the Jacuzzi while eating McDonald's ice cream, and watched a Chuck Norris movie before drifting off to sleep. A pretty wonderful trip especially the Chuck Norris movie.... Wow! ;-)

Anywho, while we were traveling through the canyons of San Diego looking for the lake that bears my family's name, we found a rather large turtle walking across the road. Joe decided that it would be fun to take a picture with a turtle, and after kicking Joe ferociously, the turtle decided he better hide and hide he did for the remainder of his time with us.

How many times am I like that turtle? Missing out on the things that God has for me, the adventures, the opportunities, the blessings that have been laid out for me because I am too afraid to try, too afraid to stick my head out and go for it.

Today, remember our turtle, whom we decided to name Herman Tortuga, and live confidently, taking intelligent risks to love God, love others, and live for the Kingdom.

Blessings!



1 comment:

ShutterSpeed said...

Wow, your thoughts really don't go to an end! It is amazing to read.