Friday, April 10, 2009

I am the Lord's

It is one of Satan's goals to make us see our lives in terms of ownership, to see our bodies, our significant others, our possessions, and more as being ours to hold and possess and do with what we please because as long as we do, we will live without seeing the truth.
Our life can be taken from us in a moment, our wealth can come crashing down in a day, and our loved ones can be taken from us without warning.

I am not in control. My life is not my own, and the sooner I realize this and the sooner I embrace this, the sooner I will be living the life that God has designed for me.

We all must stop asking the question: "What do I want to do with my friends and my things today?" and instead turn to the question, "What does God want me to do with the friends and things that I have been graciously been given, for the time being?"

It is hard to let go. Pray for strength, daily.





No comments: