Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Written on July 16th, 2002

I wrote this journal entry in high school. I remember writing it too, outside on the hamock. It was a beautiful summer day, and I was dreaming about and praying for my future husband. I could never have asked for a better answer to my prayer than my husband, Joe Gallucci. ;-) I love you!

To my husband to be…
I have dreamed often of this time, the excitement of wedding preparations, the joy of loving someone with all of myself.
I have longed for you at times when things at school or in my life are unstable and people crush me, hurt me, leave me without caring.
I’ve longed for your protecting arms.
I’ve even imagined your kiss before and how amazing the day will be when we are finally united, and you are mine and I am yours- forever and completely.
I have been praying for you too. That your life has been one of devoted to God and his Word and that you always put him first because he deserves it.
I wonder right now what you will be like. What will your habits be, what will you look like, and what will your background be.
I am very excited to meet you, to explore you, to love you…
I just want you to know that I am saving myself- waiting especially for you. Love, Hayley