Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Prayer Requests:


For those of you who know us there are several things that we have been seeking the Lord for, and I thought that we could petition him together. ;-)

1. Raising support to to leave for China. This is a seemingly impossible goal at times that can be overwhelming and discouraging. So many people and churches are struggling right now with finances, and it is difficult to petition those for money who are already at a loss with what to do next in their own situations. We know that God has the money, but we need help finding it. ;-)

2. The publishing of my book. It is completed and I have been petitioning agents, but as everyone knows it is a difficult time to get people to support your first project. Please pray that I make the right connections. I have a writer's conference May 2nd, and I would be stoked to meet an interested party there. My children's literature professor and my literary critique group were very encouraging about the project so praise the Lord for that!

3. We are currently seeking the right team to be apart of in China and the right organization to partner with in foster care work. We have several leads and are starting conversations. My heart is that I would love to know which foster home before we love but these organizations seem to have a hard time committing to us when our working full time with them is at least 2 years out due to language study.

Please let me know how I can be praying for you. We are surely in a season of transition in so many areas, which is always difficult but also exciting.

Blessings!

1 comment: