Saturday, April 4, 2009

Publishing...


So since September, I have been on a crazy, rewarding journey of becoming an author and not just a happy nut who writes for the pure joy of it, though at this point, that is all I am.


I have learned so much about agents, queries, writing conferences, elevator speeches, and the like that I could probably write a book at this point about how to write a book. ;-) Just kidding, nonfiction magazine articles I am into but not too enthralled about the nonfiction books at this point.


I am currently working on the sequel to a YA novel about spiritual warfare. Other than that, I have at least six other story outlines swimming around on my computer eager to be written!


This month I have started a new journey though of writing articles for magazines in an effort to gain some publishing credits and some more experience. I am having a ball with it. It is simply amazing all the things out there in everyday life that make great fiction and nonfiction article ideas.


Anywho, I am looking for an agent if anyone knows one who isn't super busy at the moment and is interested in YA fiction. I am all about working to promote the book through websites, speaking engagements, etc.


I know full well I have buckets and buckets to learn, but I am enjoying the journey and hope and pray that someday lives will be changed because of the inspiration that God has given to me that I had a chance to translate into written word!


Carpe Diem!


By the way, I got some amazing business cards today! I am super excited to give them out so let me know. ;-)

1 comment:

ShutterSpeed said...

I will be praying...