Sunday, April 5, 2009

Refuel


Saddleback church is doing a series called refuel about how to recharge your spiritual life.

There were two things that really hit me from this evening's message that I wanted to share with you.


#1 Stop for a moment and think about this: How many amazing things do we know to be true about God?


God has the power to transform my life.

God's grace can wipe away my guilt.

God has a direction that is worthy and right to follow.

God's provisions are enough for me.


These truths and so many more fill the pages of the Bible, and even though we may believe these things, read about these things, and even memorize scriptures about them, how many of us live them out on a daily basis.

I was convicted when Doug started talking about this more.


Even though I know God is all powerful, how many times have I relied on my own power instead to get me through.

Even though I know God can wipe away my guilt, how many times have I carried that guilt around allowing it to cling to me.

Even though I know that God has a worthy direction for me, how many times have I not thought to wait for where he leading but plunged ahead on my own.

Even though I know that God's provisions are enough, how many times have I been worrid that I wouldn't have enough or that I wouldn't make it.

How many times... Oops.


I need to remember to LIVE the things that I KNOW and not just today but everyday. I know that is easier said than done, but it is my prayer.



#2. Start with giving God the next thing.

What is the thing in your life that you are keeping from God's control. The small or large area of your life that is too irresistable to let go of.

I know for me it's fear. I am afraid of being murdered, afraid of people breaking into our condo, afraid someone I love will die, afraid that I won't do enough, afraid that I will do the wrong thing.

I must start today by giving God the things that I fear knowing full well that he has the power and wisdom to take care of my needs abundantly better (a complete understatement) than I could ever do!

Praise the Lord!

No comments: