Friday, August 21, 2009

Thinking outside the brown bag


I am super excited about returning to work, but what thing I am not looking forward to is packing a lunch. I never feel in the mood to pack a lunch and then once its time to eat, the things I brought don't look appetizing. So I wanted to get some creative. Here is a list of some creative options that I am going to be trying this year. ;-)


Main Course:

Salad with chicken

Salad with hard boiled egg

Salad with soy beans

Salad with turkey

Turkey sandwich

Turkey and cheese rolled up

PB&J sandwich

Cold pizza

Pita pocket with chicken and veggies

Veggie cream cheese and cucumber sandwich

Almond butter with almonds and cranberries sandwich

Hummus and chopped pepper sandwich

Apple butter with apple slices sandwich

Whipped cream cheese with blueberries sandwich

Blueberry cream cheese and strawberry slices sandwich

Jam and cream cheese sandwich

Veggie soup

Pita bread, cucumber, lettuce, olives, tomato, and hummus sandwich

Chicken, cucumber, vinegar, lemon, basil, olive oil sandwich


Fruit:

Plum

Apple

Orange

Kiwi

Blueberries

Pineapples chunks

Melon slices

Grapes


Snacks:

Cheese crackers

Corn muffin

Hard boiled egg

String cheese

Whole wheat crackers

Cheddar cheese

Chips and salsa

Popcorn

Yogurt with fruit

Trail mix


Veggies:

Pepper slices

Snap peas

Cherry tomatoes

Veggies with hummus

Mini carrots

Soybeans

Veggies and dip


Dessert:

Fig newtons

Banana bread

Pudding

Oatmeal cookies

Animal crackers

1 comment:

ShutterSpeed said...

Thanks for sharing your list with me, it is a very good idea. I feel the same way; I might pack my own thing sometimes...and even that doesn't look appetizing! It's human's picky nature.